what is BULL SHARK?
Would you be flattered if you were regularly mistaken for a speeding Titanic while swimming down the pool? Do you want to hang your hat on unmatched speed and power in the water? Simply put, this program might be for you if you are looking to pack on some functional muscle and strength.
About the Training:
- 12-Weeks of Programming in Each Block (Three Blocks Total Are Available)
- Session Duration: 45-85 minutes, 4-6 sessions per week
- Delivered by FitBot
- You’ll receive your program daily through a state of the art platform that connects right to your phone. There you’ll see your program, a video library of movements, and your library of benchmarks and assessments. Fitbot keeps your training organized and at your fingertips at all times during your fitness journey.
- Includes access to a Poseidon Strength Coach via Fitbot
Who is this for?
This program is ideal for swimmers with at least some experience in a strength & conditioning setting, but want to focus most of their gym time on getting strong and packing on functional muscle. If you know your way around a gym and want to build yourself into a more powerful swimmer, this program is for you.
What EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
If you’re missing one or two things feel free to sub as you see fit or reach out to a coach for assistance. Most gyms should have these items or reasonable substitutes. Don’t let lack of equipment become an excuse – keep moving, because a few missing pieces won’t matter in the long run.
- Barbell, rack, and plates
- Pull-up bar
- Selection of dumbbells, kettlebells, and bands;
- Rings or TRX
- Plyo box(es)
- Bench (adjustable)
- Jump Rope
- Spin Bike or Air Bike
- Rower (ideal, but can sub in other cardio machines)
What is the difference between a training program and individual design?
This is a group program, so by nature it cannot take you as far as an individual design program in terms of focusing on specific needs and goals. Individual design programs begin with an in-depth consultation and assessment period, working one on one with a coach who will then design a unique program for each athlete.
HOW DO I WARM UP AND MOBILIZE?
Warm ups are provided for each workout that will get your body primed for the day. Keep in mind your own individual needs and feel free to alter to fit your body, or reach out to a coach with any questions.
where do i go for questions?
You can communicate with a coach via Fitbot and enter your feedback, comments, and questions for each workout.
WHAT IF I MISS A WORKOUT?
This program is intended to build from week to week, but you’ll keep access to all the workouts through your daily workout email if you want to make one up. Keep in mind that your Fitbot account will only be accessible while you have an active subscription to one of our programs, so be sure to save your daily email if you want to refer to it later. If you need to miss an extended amount of time, best to jump back in where the program is currently. Feel free to reach out to a coach if you have any questions.